Saturday 2 July 2011

Beautiful bunting

 When I sent my wedding invites out a few months ago, I also put a triangle of fabric in everyone's envelope, and a fabric crayon:

On the information they received about the day was this instruction:

'...also enclosed with your invitation is a triangle of bunting, and a fabric crayon. Please use the crayon to write us a message, or draw us a picture on the bunting and return it in the envelope provided. These will decorate the venue on the day. Please be as creative (e.g. embellish with buttons, bows, ribbons etc), or as simple as you like. Let your children draw on it, or simply sign your names. Even if you cannot attend the wedding, it would be lovely to have you as part of the bunting, so please return your decorated triangle with your RSVP.'

Then I sat back and waited.

Througout May and June nothing was more exciting than seeing an A5 brown envelope sitting on my doormat - because that meant more bunting had arrived! It has been wonderful and touching to see what people have done. We have had poems...



...pictures...




...simple messages, or extravagant embellishments of buttons, feathers and bows. Whatever they had on them, they have all been a joy to receive and really makes me feel as though David and I are sharing our day with everyone. The photos here are of the remaining triangles yet to be sewn onto ribbon.




My friend Jennifer, has of course been helping me - she's been sewing the bunting triangles onto ribbon for me:

And the results are fantastic:




I can't wait to see them up in our venue.




 In the meantime, I'm  making paper flowers to decorate the tables (with the help of my lovely friends) - more on this in the next post!
 I'm so excited about seeing it all come together on the big day.

bye for now!

Rosie x

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, the bunting looks good hanging up, it will look fabulous on the big day! I notice you haven't mentioned how I've been shouting at my sewing machine a bit whilst stitching them together! It's worth it though! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! Great to combine the personal with the celebration factor like this :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site. I'd love to know what you're thinking, so please drop me a line below!